Tuesday 14 August 2012

I wish I could do more for you, 
I wish I could do something at 
least; 
For all the trouble I’ve given you, 
I wish I could do something 
indeed! 
For all those times I have crossed 
you, 
For all those times when I’ve 
been ill, 
For all those times I’ve kept you 
awake 
I wish I could do something 
indeed! 
For all the dreams you must have 
seen 
For all those that I did not fulfill, 
For all those times that you 
deserved more, 
I wish I could do something 
indeed! 
For all those times you’ve smiled, 
For those little things that make 
you happy, 
For the frivolous anger that so 
easily disappears, 
I wish I could do something 
indeed! 
For all the times you’ve worked 
so hard, 
For all the times you’ve kept 
yourself aside, 
For all the times being unnoticed, 
I wish I could do something 
indeed! 
For all those times when you’ve 
scolded me, 
With the best interest at heart, 
For all those times when you’ve 
tried to understand, 
Keeping differences apart; 
For all the freedom you’ve given 
me, 
And the way you’ve brought me 
up, 
For seeing me through failure 
time and again, 
And still not giving up; 
For all the times you’ve been 
worried 
And the times with not much 
hope, 
For all the times you’ve been a 
mother 
And the times you’ve held us 
together, 
For little blames you take instead 
And the times you forgive and 
forget; 
For every little extra you’ve done, 
I wish I could return, 
As selfish as this may sound, 
On your birthday, 
I wish I can bring you something 
more 
I wish for goodness and for 
peace 
And that Somehow, someday; 
I wish I manage to do for you, 
something at least indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment